Thursday 23 December 2010

In which the author has a bit of a rant, then a random image fest

Sooooooooooooo. At  last it’s the Christmas holidays. I am currently sat here with the power off in the house because our running water is refusing to heat up (thank the lord for the electric shower downstairs) and the electrician is pissing around with the power. He’s currently chatting with the landlord instead of flipping the switch to give us back electricity and the internet, seeing as the box doesn’t run without it. AH! There we are! Hurrah... oh, no, that’s just the lights back on. Oh, there’s our not-so elusive landlord.

There’s a stupid amount of snow, and it seems no-one can get home... I have one housemate who went a while back (clever her), one who’s been stuck at Heathrow since Saturday, and one who’s going to attempt the trip back today. I’m so glad I decided to stay down here for Christmas instead of going up north... hope Dad can get down!! I’m sure it’ll be fine, apparently the roads are OK...

----------------------------------------------

OK, so I typed that all on Monday and never posted it. Nope, the shower still isn’t fixed. 

 

Also, I have a tale of holiday desperation and ridiculousness. I had to serve the most ridiculous customer at work today. He bought a cushion, then asked me to wrap it in tissue paper. We don't gift wrap. It was just plain thin tissue paper. Two sheets of it. Two sheets of plain tissue paper to wrap a CUSHION. I tried so hard to hold down my "really? ...really??" look. Methinks the guy truly couldn't be bothered with wrapping this year. Plus there was a really long queue behind him, which I had to hold up whilst I tissue-papered a cushion. Seriously.

 

Thus, in the hopes of bringing you all back up from the depths of holiday depression and sadness at my continued lack of hot running water, have a slice of insanity that is some of the random pictures that I’ve been saving up for the “Random Image of the Day” section. You're welcome. Also, if I don't bother blogging again before, Merry Christmas! ^_^


seriously... wtf is going on here?!!




 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Random Fact of the Day: The plastic things on the end of shoelaces are called 'aglets'.

Random Image of the Day: (Yes, you still get one, I'm generous like that)
THE TABLES ARE TURNED!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment