Thursday 3 March 2011

In which the author decides to go for a bit of a YouTube linking fest

Hey all... well it's been a while since I last posted and this I attribute to a combination of being insanely busy with work and partying, and because when I did have free time I quite frankly couldn't be bothered :P

Sooooooooooooooooo... you may have a clue as to what I'm going to do with this post from the title... and if you haven't got the clue from the title then I worry for you. As I rarely have enough money to justify spending on music I tend to listen to random music on YouTube: here, for your viewing/listening pleasure, are those I believe have earnt awards...

The award for Most Adorable Song: Andrea Bocelli Sings Elmo to sleep

 
 This video literally makes me so happy. I want Bocelli to sing me to sleep every night. Elmo's "sleepy sounds" near the end are really creepy though... I think he enjoys Andrea Bocelli singing even more than me :S Despite that, it is unashamably adorable - I need to get one of his albums I think.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Award for Best Song From An Asian Star Of Whose Work I've Never Found Another Song I Liked, But This One Happens To Be Awesome: BoA: Eat You Up

ok... so apparently YouTube isn't letting me upload some videos, so here's the link (careful,it doesn't open in another tab!)

She's apparently really famous in Korea and Japan and tried to make a go of it in America - this is, as the award suggests, her only song in english that I like... also, HAVE YOU SEEN HER DANCING SKILLS??! I in no way occasionally fanticise about suddenly busting out some moves like that to the astounded and admiring crowds at uni, and for several hot guys to come up and then announce their undying love for me, Gaspard Ulliel among them, who for some inexplicable reason was visiting Canterbury. I in no way have ever been thinking this whilst you were trying to rouse me from my vacant staring out of the bus window. Never.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Award for Best Comedy Video That Probably Shouldn't Have Left Me A Little Awed:  Robert Webb performs What a Feeling


I'm not gonna lie, I was bored when I found this. I expected it to be the same banal drivel that most comic relief shows splurge up at this time of year. Really? What a Feeling danced by this man?
And then I watched it. Wow. First off I have to say that no man should have legs that make me envious. Next, I need to comment on the undeniable rhythm that man has... I mean... woah. And THEN the worrying good Michael Jackson moves he proceeds to bust. Robert Webb, I have newfound respect for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Award for Best Fanmade Video: Tik Tok (Sherlock Holmes style)

 
 Some of you may be skeptical, but this is a seriously good video... really, REALLY well timed in places, and the giggle at the end is perfect. I prefer this to Kesha's video... also it has Robert Downey Jnr, who makes everything that much better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Award for Most Fever-Fuelled Nightmare Ending (And Trippyness): Ke$ha: Blow


The first time I saw this, I thought... "Wow, this is what Charlie's dreams look like". I watched in unspeakable terror as the unicorn people proceeded to dance casually, what's-his-face take off a bra, and the rainbow lazer fight. And then. And then we have the head on the wall, the laughing and the series of nightmare glances... I fought back a whimper... barely. It's horrifying.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Award for Best Time-Old Favourite: Benny Lava


Everyone knows and loves Benny Lava. I really don't think I could pick a favourite quote. It's all my favourite quote. Also, I NEED to learn those dance moves. But most of all, and I wish this with all my heart, I want in thousands of years time, when nearly all evidence of our culture has been long lost, for future historians to come across this video. I want this to be the shining pinnacle of evidence to say we were an intelligent culture. We know what's in butter ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Award for Weirdest Video I've Been Linked To Today: Das Beer Boot (courtesy of that paradigm of normality, Charles)


Well, this is a weird mix of hot and gross... seriously, one second I'm admiring his chiselled jawline, the next I'm repulsed by his glugging melted butter... thanks Charlie. Also, you now know what you're getting next christmas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Award for Video That They Clearly Had A Blast Making And Laughed Their Asses Off After Seeing The Comments When People Were Still Admitting To Crushes: 3OH!3 : Don't Trust Me

Again, another link that won't work... try here xx

Traumatic, and yet genius. Their video has inspired me as to how I want to live my life. I want people to look back on me and say: "Yes, she was a genius, the cleverest girl I've ever met, but goodness me I sure recieved a dreadful bout of Post Traumatic Stress from our brief meeting. Also, I still would."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Award for Best Collaboration AND Best Event-Specific Song: The Lonely Island: I Just Had Sex (featuring Akon)


A work of indescribable beauty, moving beyond comprehension. "She put a bag on my head. STILL COUNTS!" Everything The Lonely Island does is beautiful. I'm currently addicted to The Creep... and I really shouldn't still like the lead singer after that.


 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Random Fact of the Day: The most money ever paid for a cow at an auction was $1.3 million.

Also, because I feel like it, and because it's the theme of today, for one post only, here's the Random Video of the Day

Random Image of the Day: 


No comments:

Post a Comment